The main square before 1854 only extended from Drottninggatan to Gamla gatan now
Köpmansgatan). The area between Köpman- and Kungsgatorna was built, and there
lived many traders; the best known of them was Eric Söderlindb. This acquired
1835 The pharmacy courtyard on the east side of the square with the facade facing the church. He drove there
their trade until the big city fire devastated the entire settlement below
the square and around
After the fire, the square was extended in the first stage to Kungsgatan and the intention was that it would form a wide fire street far east out
In the Stortorget 7-9 and Kungsgatan 4-6 plots, where the Domus business building now stands, many traders have been operating over the years.
Here, Carl L. Atterling founded a copper warehouse workshop in 1857.
He had just recently returned from his companion walk, which gave him great professional skill. The business grew and with time Atterling also became the owner of a large and fine mechanical workshop, “award-winning both in the old world and the new with gold and silver medals”
The business was conducted until 1898, when Atterling moved to Germany
Atterling was born in 1829. He died in 1900 in Helsinki with a married daughter living there.
In Örebro he belonged to the “City’s 24 Elders” and was a member of a number of boards and committees. Through his “Atterlingan bazaars”, which were only recently demolished, his memory has been preserved until recently.
In addition to a mechanical workshop, there was 7 – 9 Stortorget Alfred Wabller’s photographic studio, which according to advertisement invited the public to take pictures in Atterling’s garden
Before 1872 this garden was called the garden garden.
It was then owned by the grain trader C.A. Hagendabl, however, that year sold the plot Kungsgatan 6 to Atterling
Hagendahl erected in 1858 the large brick building Kungsgatan 5- Stortorget 11.
He was one of the city’s major grain wholesalers during the 1850s-80s. That he was a prominent and enterprising man in his industry is evidenced by his participation in and receiving diplomas for his products at exhibitions including. in London 1862, Vienna 1873 and Paris 1878, he was similarly distinguished by a number of Swedish events of this kind. He established his own “seed control center” around 1867, which was later taken over by the county’s housekeeping company.
As a municipal councilor, Hagendahl was one of the 30 in the city’s first elected city council. He was a church attendant and with a number of boards and committees. He was born in 1825 and died in 1902
It was not until about 1880 that Stortorget was completed until the present Oskarsparken. Parking There were even difficulties in the square. Then it was difficult to arrange a place for horseback riding. now for cars. Manufacturer Anton Habn raised a motion in the city council on the preparation of stables for squares visiting country people’s horses. This was arranged at the tannery Kanalvägen 18. Thus, one of its past concerns was relieved from Stortorget. Among the names, which are relevant in the Stortorgs chronicle, are Johan Petter Ekström. He just glimpsed as a tractor on the “trap” (Ekström’s cellar or now. Fenix). There he ran the inn with the cellar master W.Wetterberg and also had an annex for summer dining: Ekström’s garden. As a signatory to this Stortorg’s Eastern Fund, he first had to step on his feet when the park was built and the city’s fathers considered the majesty Oskar II to be a straw sharpener to name the new facility. However, there was something royal united also with Ekström. He was married to the city’s most stately wife, called the “Queen”. He himself is said to have been a neighbor. Ekström was born in 1796 and died in 1861. Sterbhuset continued the business in the name of the widowed widow, Why protocols and documents have a lot to tell when it came to the liquor sale in the city that Ekström deals with
In 1880 the square was further extended to its present extent and received an Eastern fund in the form of the Oskar Park. Prior to this extension, the surface had been used as a medicinal garden. The main square, with its 362 meters, is one of Sweden’s longest squares. The site slopes downwards in an easterly direction due to the pebble sauce running through central Örebro
The source ÖREBRO SOM DET FÖRR